Monday, November 22, 2010

Powerful Stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zbu7pJWvEeY

You know how it feels; When the shit hits the fan, there's no consolation. There's no substitute. You have to be out there. Not even Dudewater can fill the void... you have to be on the water!

But it doesn't always work out, so you find other ways to fill the void. Fishing buddies are critical -in times of desperaion you can turn to them without having to spell out the problem. They empathize, they console you, and you work together towards a solution: "Fuckin' 'eh man, let's go fishing."

In between you do what you can to maintain sanity. Tie flies. Watch "Metalhead" for the 47th time. Check flights to Fernie, BC (and realize that you're not going to be able to afford a wilderness steelhead expedition anytime soon). Tie more flies. Look at Google Maps. Listen to music.








I don't know about y'all, but music fuels my passion as much as anything. I Drive to a soundtrack, I fish to a soundtrack, I live to a soundtrack.


I've been bumping a bunch of new tunes in the Tiny Dancer (my truck) of late. I'm really digging an arist by the name of Sean Hayes. I came across him as I was running down the artist list for the "Eastern Rises" soundtrack, and thought his song "Powerful Stuff" was a perfect compliment to these pictures from last week. You can fire it up by clicking the link at the top of this post.

1 comment: