Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Off The Hook

Who' we kiddin'... y'all don't listen to the music anyway.

Since I haven't posted in a month I figured it best to shoot from the hip. Fact is, I'm off the hook. Gave that Lymphoma the ole' 1-2 and now, at 25, I'm officially a cancer survivor... and the same fishin' fool I always was.





But though I've made light of it along the way, the last 8 months have had a powerful impact on my life. In fact, as more and more time passes I consider my diagnosis a blessing, a chance to see things like I might not otherwise have seen them. Though I wish I could take away the fear and anxiety that it caused those close to me, for me it's been an overwhelmingly positive experience. While I'd like to think I've never taken life's blessings for granted, truth is sometimes it takes a life altering event, a change of perspective, to see the value in life's little moments. The outpouring of support from friends and family and strangers alike has overwhelmed me from the very beginning. As my man Dave says,

"Turns out not where but who you're with that really matters."

Amen, brother.

So forgive me for not posting much, 'cause I've been livin' a little harder of late. Lord knows I like tellin' a good story but as it turns out, bein' there's a little more fun...










Ha! Just playin'. I may be feelin' good, but I'm still sportin' the Ford Ranger 'round town. Got her spiffed up the other day though so keep an eye out for those 14" chrome rims when I roll through your 'hood...


2 comments:

  1. I just love big carp on the fly, nice. Call in and check out my blog again sometime?

    ReplyDelete