Saturday, January 1, 2011

Out With The Old

Happy 2011 Y'all! The past year certainly had its ups and downs, but there was no shortage of time spent afield. I am most thankful for all that time spent outside doing the things that I love and for the friendships and acquaintances made in the process. Experiencing new places and meeting folks who share the same passions I do is what keeps me coming back time after time, and I can't wait to see what 2011 has in store.

I took it right down to the wire this past week, cramming as much adventure as I could into 2010. Here's some snapshots from last week, followed by some of my personal highlights for the year...

Spent some time in the blind on the last hunt of the year...

Went fshing with the Marlboro Man...
Put on the "Sunday Best"... Can I get an 'amen' ?
Flashback to early 2010, when I got to stick it to some Yampa river browns and bows in 'rado...

Logged a couple of legendary days on the Chagrin...
Got torched by my first tarpon...
Landed my first fish in the salt...
Made a return to a special place in PA and brought a new friend along...

Slayed the smallies in the bay...

Finally took a river rat on the fly...

Gave the 'gills a hard time...

Made a memorable pilgrimage to some small water...

Went back to an old haunt and found that not much had changed...

Met some buddies on the Big D...

Folded my first fowl...

Saw some epic fall steelheading...

Beat 'em up in a blizzard...

Oh, and somewhere along the line started writing about it all on here. Hope you've enjoyed the blog to date, looking forward to keeping it rolling right on through 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment