Monday, July 15, 2013

A Month On The Road

Due to a touch of serendipity and a well-timed vacation plan, over the last 30 days I've been fortunate enough to spend more time in a drift boat than in the office. You won't catch me complaining, but it has been tough to find time to chronicle the adventures. Now that I find myself with a chance to take a breath (and start counting down to the next journey) I thought it was about time for some story tellin'... 


In mid June I found myself back in Missoula, Montana for the second time in as many months. The Bitterroot and Blackfoot Rivers, along with Rock Creek, were gracious hosts. The salmonflies on The Blackfoot were as thick as I've ever seen, and the scenery of the Bitterroot valley exceeded all expectations. More so than the fishing though, the company and the belly-shaking laughs are what will stay with me from that trip.






48 hours back in CleVegas was just enough to get some partying in, as we hosted friends and family at Casa de Lampros to celebrate my one year remission milestone. A good time was had by all and a special thanks goes out to my beautiful wife for masterminding the whole event, and to all the friends and family who came out to show their support.

I didn't so much as unpack from the trout Mecca that is Montana but rather traded out size 18's for size 2's and 4-weights for 7-weights in preparation for a week in northern Michigan, chasing pretty much everything but trout. We hucked it all into the back of the Big Orange and headed north. I can't even begin to recap this trip without getting caught up in the details... it was one of the most memorable I've ever been on for any number of reasons, including the fishing. Since my return, I've spent most of my downtime trying to articulate a synopsis of the trip in full color, and my hope is that you'll be able to read the final written account on glossy paper in the near future. For now I'll leave you with a few teasers and a promise to follow up in detail at a later date...






  











With the buzz from the trip up north just beginning to fade it was time to head East for a little dose of humble pie. I played host to a group for 3 days on The West Branch of The Delaware River, where we generally got our asses handed to us by big snooty brown trout. We did manage to sore-mouth a few of those bastards though, and brought home some pretty pictures as consolation prizes, including the new header at the top of the page.





Thus begins the countdown to Tennessee, which stands at 26 days. At age 40, hopefully the Big O is up to the task again. Meanwhile, it's prime time carp season around these parts, so if you haven't gotten your Dudewater carp lid yet, it's time to get with the program! Follow the link and get your DW gear in time for your next ghost bustin' session..


No comments:

Post a Comment