Wednesday, January 25, 2012

MANTANA 2012

For the second year in a row I'll be hosting a group to The Kootenai River and its tributaries in northwest Montana. Having done a fair bit of fishing around that state, I found the 'Koot' to be exceptionally remote and stunningly beautiful, even by Montana standards.


The fishing wasn't half bad either...


We'll be staying and fishing with Orvis-endorsed Linehan Outfitting Company, one of the best in the business. As much as I relish fishing new water, I couldn't resist the chance to work with Tim and Joanne again as they took such good care of me and my group last time around. We'll be staying at their river house, right on the banks of the Kootenai in Libby, MT.


The Kootenai is predominantly a rainbow fishery, though there are Westslope Cutts, Bull Trout, and Browns in the mix as well. It is perhaps one of the best dry fly fisheries in the lower 48 and, in combination with its tributaries, offers an incredible variety of water types. Having caught the tail end of last season, I can't wait to see the river during prime time in 2012.


This years trip will be July 21-27 and includes 6 nights of lodging and 5 days guided fishing with lunch on the river each day. Pricing is very reasonable, especially relative to comparable operations in the mountain west, another reason I've opted to stick with LOC. If you're interested in joining me, shoot me an email and I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have. In the meantime, be sure to check out Linehan Outfitting Company's website and blog for additional information and some really cool photos of Kootenai Country!

1 comment:

  1. I would love to catch a bull trout? I'm told some folk only fish for them?

    ReplyDelete