Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Searching for Chrome

I finally gave in to my alarm around 5:10 this morning. After about 20 minutes of fumbling around the apartment in the dark trying to find all my crap, I was on the road heading east. The plan was to hit the beaches close to some eastern tributaries in search of early fall chromers.

As I wadered up the weather was promising - cool and overcast. I'd heard whispers of a couple curious fish nosing into the mouths of the tribs last week, so needless to say I was optimistic. Unfortunately, as you can see in the picture above the lake was a mess. Big, turbid waves crashed the shore and howling winds made casting a challenge.


Despite finding this unfortunate specimen, I did see some signs of life - a small jack taken by a hardware guy, and a couple bigger fish rolling just upstream. I'm thinking next time out could produce the first fish of the season, but we'll have to wait and see...


No comments:

Post a Comment